La Alianza Hispana’s Adult Day Health Program provides culturally appropriate daily care for the elderly, and related support services for their families.
Our Adult Day Health Program, located at 63 Parker Hill Avenue in Boston, MA, is a vibrant hub where Latino seniors connect with each other, engage in healthy lifestyle activities, and participate in civic and community life.
The Adult Day Health Program delivers bilingual services focused on preventative medicine, medical monitoring, therapeutic services, and social/recreational activities for individuals who are at least 40 years of age. Our program aims to maximize and/or sustain participant’s cognitive abilities and overall independence and productivity.
Specific Day Health program services include:
- Skilled nursing
- Nutrition education
- Referrals & coordinated care
- Social work and case management
- Exercise and physical activities
The Adult Day Health Program has been licensed by the Division of Medical Assistance since 1991.
Adults wishing to participate in the Adult Day Health Program must meet the following requirements:
- A clear need for skilled nursing and/or assistance with some aspects of daily living.
- A physical examination by a Primary Care Physician (PCP) conducted no more than three months prior to application for admission
- A letter of authorization from the Division of Medical Assistance.
- Commitment to attend the program for a minimum of two days per week.
- An admission form that has been signed by the participant or his/her legal guardian. Note: the required admission form can be found here
Costs, Insurance, and Coverage
La Alianza Hispana’s Adult Day Health Program is covered by Mass Health medical insurance, and by the following public and private medical insurers: John Hancock, Ever care, Senior Whole Health, Ethos, Central Boston, etc.