La Alianza Hispana’s Senior Social and Recreation Center offers Latino seniors a safe and culturally sensitive environment with programs designed to stabilize and improve participant’s physical and emotional health.
Located in our Senior Center at 1000 Massachusetts Ave. Boston MA 02118, the Senior Social and Recreation Center provides seniors with companionship, networking with other Latino seniors, individual and group counseling, education, recreation, transportation, meals, social activities, and referral services.
Services and Activities
- Health and nutrition education workshops
- Exercise and physical activities (e.g. yoga, Tai Chi, and calisthenics)
- Support managing chronic illnesses through case management
- Arts & crafts workshops
- Games and group recreational projects
- Cultural celebrations
- Trips and outings (beaches, museums, parks, and cultural events)
La Alianza Hispana’s Senior Social and Recreation center strongly encourages seniors to play an active role in the program’s services and oversight. Seniors are encouraged to contribute to the design and development of current and future programs, and to work directly with La Alianza Hispana’s staff to provide the best possible experience to the program’s participants.
Interested participants should be 55 years or older.